Monday, September 10, 2012

First Blush: Gilded Demon


Here is a side by side for the beginnings of a set of logos for my friend's potential land speed racing operation.  None of this has been discussed with 'er, and I'd like to keep it that way for now.  The name I arrived upon is "Gilded Demon" Land Speed Racing.  I think it nicely blends a traditional speed-demon / hot rod devil reference with a novel pointer that the operation's more about the blonde rider than the 175 twin class. (Bonneville attendees will note that there was a very small number of female racers)  I know there's still a lot of shifting and ironing out to do with the text.. I suppose this could be considered my first typography experiment.  Once I'm finished with the text it'll be set back behind the drawing, its just on top while I work on it.  The shading on the demon and her bike is very preliminary.  I'll also be simplifying the sketch parts of this and juicing up the linework for high visibility on shirts and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers